Red Dog's Dog Days is a free fitness program open to all members of the Lawrence, KS community.
If you haven't attended a workout before, joining us is simple. There's no cost to participate. Simply show up for any of the scheduled workouts and look for the check-in spot. During the Summer and Fall workout seasons you can earn a t-shirt!
Fall 2023 Schedule & Meeting Locations
We will be at the track at Liberty Memorial Central Middle School beginning August 15 for Fall Dog Days. Remember, Fall Dog Days are Tuesday & Thursday workouts at 6am and 6pm until the week of Thanksgiving. Saturday Fun Runs will start August 5.
Tuesday and Thursday
- 6am — Liberty Memorial Central Middle School track (1400 Massachusetts St, Lawrence, KS 66044)
- 6pm — Liberty Memorial Central Middle School track (1400 Massachusetts St, Lawrence, KS 66044)
Saturday "Fun Run"
- 7:30am — Downtown (9th St. and Vermont St., behind Kizer Cummings Jewelers)
Red Dog's Dog Days is generally held rain or shine. But:
- If there has been lightning within 20 miles within half an hour of any workout start time, we will cancel that workout.
- Weekday 6 a.m. morning workouts, if it is raining hard half an hour before start time, we will cancel that workout.
- Weekday 6 p.m. evening workouts, if it is a light rain, we will work out as planned.
- Saturday Fun Runs, if it is raining hard half an hour before start time, we will most likely cancel the workout.
Any changes or cancellations will be communicated via the Red Dog's Dog Days mobile text alert system.
We want everyone to be safe as well as healthy!
Sign up for Mobile Text Alerts
In the event of lightening or other last-minute conditions that require us to switch locations or cancel a workout, notification will be made on the Red Dog's Dog Days mobile text alert system.
You can subscribe online, you can scan the QR code at the right, or you can text DOGDAYS to 41372 to sign up.