Red Dog's Dog Days is a free fitness program open to all members of the Lawrence, KS community.
If you haven't attended a workout before, joining us is simple. There's no cost to participate. Simply show up for any of the scheduled workouts and look for the check-in spot. During the Summer and Fall workout seasons you can earn a t-shirt!
Summer 2021 Schedule & Meeting Locations
Yes, we will have Dog Days this summer!
Starting June 14th, we'll be meeting at KU's Lied Center at 6am and 6pm for workouts Monday through Thursday. Saturday Fun Runs will start June 12th at the Lied Center of Kansas at 7am. See below for important information on alternate locations and cancellations.
Monday through Thursday
- 6am — Lied Center of Kansas (1600 Stewart Dr, KU West Campus)
- 6pm — Lied Center of Kansas (1600 Stewart Dr, KU West Campus)
To earn a Summer t-shirt, participants need to complete 22 workouts.
Saturday "Fun Run"
- 7am — Lied Center of Kansas (1600 Stewart Dr, KU West Campus)
To earn a Summer Fun Run t-shirt, participants need to complete 4 runs.
Red Dog's Dog Days is generally held rain or shine. For:
- Summer weekday 6 a.m. morning workouts, if it is raining half an hour before start time, we will meet at the KU parking garage on Mississippi St.
- Summer weekday 6 p.m. evening workouts, if it is a light rain, we will work out at the Lied Center as planned.
- Saturday Fun Runs, if it is raining half an hour before start time, we will meet at the KU parking garage on Mississippi St.
- If there has been lightning within 20 miles within half an hour of a workout start time, we will cancel that workout.
We want everyone to be safe as well as healthy!
In the event of lightening or other last-minute conditions that require us to switch locations or cancel a workout, notification will be made on the Red Dog's Dog Days Facebook page, @reddogsdogdays Twitter, or mobile phone text alerts when possible.