Red Dog's Dog Days is a free fitness program open to all members of the Lawrence, KS community.
If you haven't attended a workout before, joining us is simple. There's no cost to participate. Simply show up for any of the scheduled workouts and look for the check-in spot. During the Summer and Fall workout seasons you can earn a t-shirt!
Winter/Spring 2022 Schedule & Meeting Locations
We will be in the gym at Liberty Memorial Central Middle School through the month of May for Winter/Spring Dog Days. Remember, Winter/Spring Dog Days are Tuesday & Thursday workouts at 6am only.
Tuesday and Thursday
- 6am — Liberty Memorial Central Middle School (1400 Massachusetts St, Lawrence, KS 66044) Enter via the doors from the 14th Street parking lot.
Saturday "Fun Run"
- 7:30am — Downtown (9th St. and Vermont St., behind Kizer Cummings Jewelers)
Summer 2022 Information — starting June 1, 2022!
We will be at Lawrence High School for weekday workouts and at the Lied Center of Kansas for Saturday Fun Runs. Summer Dog Days are Monday through Thursday at 6am and 6pm and Saturday Fun Runs at 7am.
Monday through Thursday
- 6am — Lawrence High School (1901 Louisiana St.) on the football field.
- 6pm — Lawrence High School (1901 Louisiana St.) on the football field.
Saturday "Fun Run"
- 7:00am — Lied Center of Kansas (1600 Stewart Dr, KU West Campus)
Red Dog's Dog Days is generally held rain or shine. For:
- Weekday 6 a.m. morning workouts, if it is raining hard half an hour before start time, we will cancel that workout.
- Saturday Fun Runs, if it is raining hard half an hour before start time, we will most likely cancel the workout.
- If there has been lightning within 20 miles within half an hour of a workout start time, we will cancel that workout.
We want everyone to be safe as well as healthy!
In the event of lightening or other last-minute conditions that require us to switch locations or cancel a workout, notification will be made on the Red Dog's Dog Days Facebook page, @reddogsdogdays Twitter, or mobile phone text alerts when possible.